Thursday, November 02, 2006

You can't touch this

I hope my good friend Lanie doesn't mind, but I had to share her latest blog entry with you. It's so funny and well written, it should be read by as many peeps as possibe.

"So every Wednesday night, we have a psychiatrist at my work that comes to see our clients, prescribe meds, make outlandish diagnoses, and basically do whatever it is that psychiatrists do. So since he comes to our clinic to see our clients, he has to use somebody's office. And unfortunately, they have been letting him use my office. I guess it works out that way because I usually arrive early to work and leave early. So I am gone before he ever even gets here.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not one of those crazed personal space people (well, maybe a little), I don't mind helping out, letting my office be utilized for this. But every time this guys uses my office, this is what I arrive to.

The first thing I notice is the extreme spine pain I experience when I go to sit in my chair. The dude likes to drop my chair all the way to the floor, readjust the lumbar support and armrests to make himself comfortable. By all means, be comfortable!! All I ask is that you put the adjustments back when you leave.

Then there is a variety of empty candy wrappers strewn about my desk that somehow were so heavy they weren't able to make it to the trashcan.

Then of course, there are the reminants of him playing trashcan basketball with his snot rags left on the floor, pretty much not even in the direction of where they need to be. Dude, don't go out for the Lakers, you won't make it.

Then there is always my furniture that is moved around to his liking, my phone is misplaced, papers moved and things knocked over.

But today I have had enough. He used my pen! No really, he used MY pen. Okay, yes, so I have issues. I am the first one to admit that. But here at this clinic, we have a certain level of respect for each others personal pens. We label them. I have one pen. It says "LANE!" Just like that, in caps and everything, pink sticker and all. And it is put away, every night, in the drawer, hidden under post-its.

Today, it was on my desk, glaring at me when I walked in. Dude, you are a psychiatrist, you make probably 7 times what I make, yes, you have passed god class and you probably pay someone to wipe your ass for you, but DON'T EVER use my pen. It says "LANE" because it is Lane's pen. That means only Lane uses this pen. Not Dr. I passed god class so I can do whatever the hell I want to psychiatrist guy! Lane only!

I think it's time to take drastic measures. Maybe next week, I will stay late and surprise him when he rolls into my office thinking he owns the place. Sorry dude, find another office. This one is off limits.

I feel much better now, thanks for letting me vent. :)"


Lanie, that is some funny shit right there. Very well written and I can totally see you saying it, all fired up. I would be too.

It sounds like this douche bag is taking liberties and not at all being considerate. Not cool dude. Make like Aretha and have some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Seriously. Hey, next time, you should glue everything down so he can't use it. Take your chair out and replace it with a bean bag. Place 10,000 trash cans all over the room so there's no way he can miss. And buy one of those huge jumbo pencils that they sell at tourist shops and write "Jack Ass" on it so he knows it's meant for him.

Actually, your plan of telling him to find a new office is probably easier.

Gina xo

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cool! Thanks for reposting my blog! I think I am going to use your suggestions next week. You rock Gina!

Lanie :)

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I am so going to by that big pencil! I think "Dr. Jack Ass" will look sweet on the side of it.

:)

Lanie

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Gina said...

What a great blog. You're very talented and should write more!
p.s. get the pencil, take a photo of it and post it on your blog!! :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanie,
I enjoyed reading your blog too. You are right on!
Love you!
Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home