Thursday, May 01, 2008

Recycled Bling

The rumor on the street is that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are engaged. Really? Hmm. That's interesting. I didn't see that coming. He was engaged last year to a Victoria's Secret model but that didn't last too long. There is quite an age difference between the two with Miss M being 38, and Nick being 27 (hello cougar alert!) But Mariah is constantly proclaiming that she is eternally 12 (ok Michael Jackson) so they should be fine.

The two met when he starred in her new video for her latest single, "Bye Bye" but he soon got bumped up to director status. Talk about perks!

So here's the part that is kind of shady. There is speculation that he gave Mariah the same engagement ring as his last fiance. Not a replica of it, I'm talking about the exact same ring. Is this a no no?

I think it is, and here's why. That ring isn't just a piece of jewelry, it's a symbol of love and commitment. I know Matt searched high and low for just the right one for me. He did his research, he learned about the 4 c's (cut, carat, clarity and color) and really educated himself about it. And his hard work paid off because I love love love love my ring.

He said he knew it was the one when he first saw it, because it reminded him of me. Pure and simple, sparkling and beautiful. (I know, amazing right?)

So hypothetically, how could he give that ring to someone else when it he put that much love and thought into picking it specifically for me? Maybe some guys aren't like that? Maybe to some guys, it is just a piece of jewelry. To them, it's just some ring and it's only purpose is that it shows his woman is taken and belongs to him. Or maybe the guy is sweet and inexperienced? No matter the case, I still think an engagement ring is a very personal thing and shouldn't be re gifted. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home