Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I HEART JT!!!

Last night was AMAZ-ZA-ZING!!!!

Wow! JT put on quite a show. It was incredible. HE'S incredible! That kid is talented yo. He sang, danced, played the piano and guitar, all the while looking fiiine and dressed to the max!

There were a few hicuups before we actually got to our seats. The show was supposed to begin at 8pm so we left the house at 7pm. Matty was nice enough to drive us there and we hit no traffic at all. We arrived at the Pond...I mean Honda Center at 7:35pm and got in line with everyone else.

We were still standing in line, in the same spot, at 8:30pm. I don't know what was going on and why there weren't letting people in, but I had to pee so bad. So did Lex. Then Martha. They said something about technical difficulties, and that the show wouldn't start until most of the crowd was inside.

We eventually got to the front of the line around 8:45pm (now dying to pee) and were relieved and super PUMPED! We had a cute granpda type that was scanning our tickets and letting us in. Lexie went first. Ticket scanned and she was waved in. Then Martha. Ticket scanned and waved in. Then me. Ticket scanned and there's a problem. Grandpa says to me "this ticket is no good." I tell him he has to be joking. The tickets were bought together and there must be a mistake. He looks up at me and says "no, the scanner is telling me that this ticket is no good." And then he says "but go ahead anyway." Woo hoo! Even though I know my ticket was legit, I'm glad I didn't have to take the time to convince him, because quite frankly, my bladder was crying and and had to get to the womans bathroom stat.

We run to the ladies room, and of course, there's a line. And this bathroom has two entrances, so not only is there a long line, there's two long lines. Good times. Once we're in line for about 15 mins we finally are inside the actual bathroom. Something is a miss. There's a crap load of people and only 3 stalls. But the even weirder thing is that the wall is lined with urinals. I thought maybe we all had the wrong bathroom, but it turns out that the genuis at the Pond...I mean Honda Center figured not many guys would be attending the show, so they turned their bathroom into one for us. Not the best idea when it only has 3 fricken stalls.

People were taking way too long going pee, and since there were only 3 stalls, the person at the front of each line had to hustle to get one. I was over this waiting game, so Lexie and I decided to get these peeps motivated. I stepped out of line and yelled "listen up ladies, time is of the essence here. Let's not waste any time. Please unbutton your pants now to cut down on time wasted in the actual stall. Also, please do all buttoning up outside of the stall. You should only be peeing in the stall." I was met with some weird stares at first, but once Lex and I started passing around the roll of toilet paper so people could cut down on their stall time, they really started to get into it.

As soon as somone walked out of a stall, we'd cheer on the next person and yell things like "nice transition, let's go ladies!" Pretty soon everyone in our line was cheering when there was a free stall open and the level of excitment about peeing was totally epic.

Once we got all that out the way, our last obstacle was getting a beer and finding our seats. I walked up to the counter, ordered a large beer and showed them my drivers license. I was ready for a cold refreshing beverage, but guess what..I was DENIED A BEER!!

I brought the license that has my maiden name on it, just incase I lost it or something. The DMV clipped a small hole in it when I went to change it to my married name, and because of that, the woman wouldn't serve me.

Are you kidding me lady? I wanted to yell "do you know what I've been through to get here? Lines upon lines, a supposedly bunk ticket, toilet relay races....I really need a beer. " But no, she said the license was void because of the hole the DMV punched in it. Thanks for the compliment and all, but who are we kidding. I know I don't look 20 years old, so serve me a beer and we'll call it a day. But they wouldn't budge.

So, standing at the counter, staring at this lady the whole tim, I said "Lexie, here's my money, buy me a beer please." She ordered the beer, they put it on the counter, I picked it up and took a big gulp. Was that so hard?

We finally made our way inside and found our AMAZING seats. We were in the first level above the floor which was way better than floor, because all those poor bastards had to stand the whole time and be stuck looking at the back of other people's heads.

Pink openend and was pretty good. Even though I think she's a little on the butch side, she has an amazing voice, and did some pretty rad Cirque de Solie stuff. It was pretty high up and she didn't use a net or saftey ropes or anything.

Then it was time for JT. Can I just say...WOW! My sister and I were screaming for the first 30 seconds. We weren't even looking at him, we were looking at each other and just screaming. There were a couple of times I honestly thought she was going to pass out..lol! The three of us sang every song (he played them all) and when Timberland came out, it was bananas! He did his own 20 minute DJ set playing everything from Michael Jackson to Fergie. It was seriously off the hook! My voice is shot this morning and it was totally worth it!

Here's the set list:

Future sex / Love sounds

Like I Love You

My Love

Seniorita

Sexy Ladies (on keytar)

Until the End of Time

What Goes Around (with middle finger to camera)

Chop Me Up with Timbaland

Timbaland intermission/DJ set where he played a lot of his hits for about 20 mins.

Rock Your body

Gone

Take It From Here

Last Night

Damn Girl (with strippers)

Summer Love

Losing My Way

Cry Me A River

Love Stoned (with beat boxing)

SexyBack

Encore:Another Song (All Over Again)

Because it started late, it wasn't over until 12:30am! My brother Marcus was a total rockstar and picked us up and got us home safely.

We were so excited about the show that no one brought a camera, DUH! So all I have are these fuzzy shots from my phone. But the memory of last night will be permantly engrained in my head for a long time to come.

10 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i just say.........holy crap. i am still reeling from last night, so amazing. SO AMAZING!!!! i better calm down before i almost pass out again!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I know babe, it was amazaing!!! JT knows how to put on a show, that's for sure!!! Love you xo

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm so glad he wised up and dumped cameron for me. i mean, he saved our song for his encore! what says "i love you" more than that?

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: who is fdsafsdfsdf?????? and why are they talking about cooking??

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Gina said...

dang spammers!

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heat JT too!

--erik

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a fun read too! I enjoyed reading the adventure! I will live vicariously through you.
You know? People used to live vicariously through me... ;)
Love you! Yay JT!
ILYFRAC!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I still live vicariously through you AC! You're a cool and happening chick-chuga chuga chuga. (picture Shane doing his Dr. Evil impression..lol)

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!!
Fi

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckkkky!!(Napolean Dynamite) I am sorry with what you went through but sounds to me it was well worth it!! I'm jealous!!
I love you!
~Moe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home