Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Newlyweds!

Dimitri and Courtney are married! Woot woot! Aren't they so cute? The wedding was at 3pm on Saturday and it was a small, intimate affair of about 30 people. I performed all of my maid of honor duties flawlessly and was ready to celebrate. The reception was at 6pm and took place at "The Sky Room" in Long Beach. We partied it up there and most people left around 11pm.

The food there was phenomenal. We had crab cakes to start, then a tomato and mozzarella salad, followed by a beef and veal ravioli in this amazing sauce and finally filet and lobster. Yum! The wine was flowing and I made sure I had a few glasses before I had to get up there and say my speech.

It was such a great evening and I'm so happy to see my brother so happy. Then the happy couple and a small group of us stuck around and hung out at the bar for some after dinner drinks. It was Dimitri, Courtney, Matt, myself, Lexie, Luciano and Marcus. We had a blast dancing and toasting with plenty of shots. Then the Mr. and Mrs. Cretikos left for the St. Regis Hotel and Marcus drove us all back home.

The ride home consisted of us screaming/singing at the top of our lungs to Led Zepplin and Queen.

By the time we got home, we decided to have an impromptu after after party.

It was already 1am so Marcus and I ran over to the circle K and got supplies. We then partied until 4am and loved every minute of it.

What I didn't love was having to get up at 10am to go have breakfast at Dukes in HB. I thought I was dying. I have had my fair share of late nights, but never have I felt that crappy. It seriously hurt to breathe. I never want to feel that way again, so I have sworn off alcohol.

Well... at least until the weekend!

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! I am so excited for Dimitri and Courtney!!! They looks so happy!! And I am definately proud of you for partying like I fully expected you would!!
Love you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home