Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Congrats to D and Courtney


Great news! My older brother Dimitri proposed to his girlfriend Courtney on Friday night! The way he did it was awesome.

He called in a favor to his buddy at the police station and arranged to get pulled over while Courtney was in the car (his Mustang) with him. He did it outside our office where there is a nice, scenic pond. Thank goodness. I don't know if getting pulled over on the side of the freeway is so romantic.

Anway, the cop took him out of the car, made him get on his knees and handcuffed him! Meanwhile, the ring box is hidden in the hood of the sweatshir he's wearing. Poor Courtney had no idea what was going on. The cop came back to the car and told her that he had to arrest him due to an outstanding warrant and that she should go talk to him to make arrangements to get his car home. Of course she was completely freaked out and the tears were starting to well up.

She walked over to Dimitri (who is still on his knees with handcuffs on) and he says "Don't worry, everything is going to be ok, but I need you to do 2 things for me. First, get my car home safe without any scratches (at this point he got up on one knee and the cop standing behind him slipped the ring into his hand.) And second.... spend the rest of your life with me." Awwwwww...how cute is that? I'm just glad she didn't go into labor! And that after that scare, she still said yes!

We're all so happy because we love Courtney like she's part of our family, and now she officially is. We honestly couldn't ask for better. She is a wonderful, loving and caring person who is crazy about my brother and the rest of the family. (What's not to love?!)

They're having a baby in May and we're all so excited. Isn't she just gorgeous! Look at that belly! It's Baby Nicholas! They chose Matt and I to be Nicholas' Godparents, and we're so honored. Courtney is doing really well and has had a great pregnancy so far. She still has 3 months to go, so the belly still has some growing to do.

I know that they are both going to make amazing parents. Gosh, I can hardly believe that Dimitri and I are in this stage of our lives already. He's is about to have a baby and a wedding, and I'm about to have the same, but in the reverse order. (well, we don't know when we are going to have kids, but we're fairly sure that it will be within the next couple of years.) It seems like just yesterday D and I were little kids, fighting over who got to sit in the chair opposite the TV and who had to be the human remote control and manually change the channels. (If you're guessing that I lost every time because he's 2 years older than me, you're right.)

Now look at us. We're all grown up and entering the next stage of our lives. Time really does fly when you're having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home